The Physical Internet
Disponible en ligne et en boutique au format :
Commander en ligne
- Amazon (nouvelle fenêtre)
- Appel du livre.fr (nouvelle fenêtre)
- Epagine.fr (nouvelle fenêtre)
- Fnac (nouvelle fenêtre)
- lalibrairie.com (nouvelle fenêtre)
- Librairie Ecosphère (nouvelle fenêtre)
- Numilog (nouvelle fenêtre)
- Sauramps (nouvelle fenêtre)
Vous souhaitez référencer votre librairie ? Contactez-nous
Pour lire les formats PDF et ePub vous avez besoin d’un lecteur adapté.
The performance of logistics networks has made a considerable leap in recent decades. With a development capacity and degree of competition that leave little influence to public corrective actions it is engendering increasing environmental and societal damage. To avoid the impasse between sustained demand and unsustainable impacts this work which is underpinned by a novel stream of research (both in Europe and North America) puts forward a new concept for the global organization of logistics networks : the Physical Internet. Like the Digital Internet that conveys data the concept is to connect and synchronize all logistics networks to create a collaborative and robust physical network of networks capable of continually optimizing the shipment of encapsulated goods of many types and sizes :
- in compliance with customer requirements : lead time security and insurance controlled temperature…
- by optimizing both the operator’s and the customer's economic models ;
- by minimizing the environmental footprint ;
- by means of routing protocols interoperability and traceability standards remuneration rules compensation mechanisms and new trade configurations.
The book explores the Physical Internet in great detail showing up its promise and its limitations. The book outlines the essential components puts forward a framework for specification and analysis and highlights the dimensions yet to be investigated. Above all based on illustrative simulations it confirms the major benefit of the Physical Internet increasing the cost efficiency of logistics while decreasing its environmental impact - a rare combination.
The Physical Internet is a new concept for the global organization of logistics networks. Discover what it is all about !
A new organization for sustainable logistics
- Why change the organization of logistics?
- A physical internet
- Illustrations of the operation
- What prospects?
- Initial definition and validation details
The key components of the physical internet
- The containers in the physical internet
- Protocols for the physical internet
- Physical internet routing centres: hubs
- An example of a rail/road hub design
- Illustration of a possible rail/road hub design
Physical internet, what performance?
- Exploring the potential of the physical internet
- A scenario of consumer packaged goods distribution
- Defining an interconnected network of services
- Putting forward initial protocols to simulate the flows in the physical internet network
- Assessing the potential for gradual roll-out of the physical internet
Current projects and prospects
- Establishing and validating the issues
- Trialling solutions and removing obstacles
- Sketching a roadmap
Élément(s) commun(s) à tous les formats
Sous-titre(s) : The Network of Logistics Networks
Éditeur(s) : La Documentation française
Langue(s) : Anglais
EAN : 9782110098658